Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Review: Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara

Don't get me wrong, I get the hype about this mascara but I don't think that I'm it's biggest fan. 

I used the normal formula which to be quite honest left patches on my upper eyelids as the day went on. Then, I trekked to a local pharmacy store (by that I mean boots) and tried the water-proof formula which didn't make much difference. 









I like the look it gives with one layer, but its even better with two layers which is visible above. As you can also see that I do apply mascara to my bottom lashes as I feel it really opens up my eye and I basically like the look.

With all of that being said, getting all of the positivity out of the way, I do not actually like the look it gives you when your eyes are closed. I do understand that it's giving you the whole 'butterfly look' but I really tried my best at curling my lashes before hand as they are long and can get quite heavily throughout the day and at applying it carefully to make sure that I catch every lash with the wand. I even pushed the outside corner lashed up to get rid of the closed eye 'butterfly look' but I clearly didn't succeed. 

What are your views on this mascara? 
I don't think I applied it properly, I honestly don't know why I don't love it like everyone else. 


I'm going to stick with Maybelline's Falsies mascara and Astor's Big & Beautiful as they are truly the best mascaras out there! Therefore, if you haven't already; which is truly doubtful, you must give them a try!

Please leave your feedback below with any tips and tricks for this mascara because I am truly disappointed. Boo, Maybelline.
Also, what is your favourite mascara?

Make sure to leave reviews, links and more in the comments section, I love reading and replying to them!